Federal and State Governments may impose restrictions to protect the community from COVID-19. Such arrangements are subject to frequent and sudden changes under the latest NSW Public Health Orders. Please refer to the NSW Government’s latest COVID-19 News website for the latest updates. Program participants, staff and Coaches should ensure that they are familiar with the latest rules and regulations prior to attending training.
Vladswim Practices and Procedures
Vladswim is committed to the health and well-being of the community - that means our participants and the community at large.
We have also introduced a number of practices and procedures to be observed during training to comply with the government guidelines and keep you safe.
These practices and procedures may be updated as required.
Our Obligations to Each Other
We can all help to keep ourselves and each other safe by adopting simple behaviours to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
By taking part in a Vladswim program you agree to observe the following practices at all Can Too training sessions and events:
- Wear a face mask during the pre-session briefing at all sessions
- Observe NSW/QLD state guidelines on maximum numbers for gatherings
- Train only at your designated training location and time
- Maintain physical distance of at least 1.5m from fellow participants and members of the public
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshaking, hugs and kisses
- Practise good hygiene
- Bring your own water bottle to training – clearly marked with your name or other unique identifying feature
- Avoid using public water fountains where possible
In addition, for swim programs:
- outside of the open water environment in a swim program maintain physical distancing between yourself, other participants and members of the public – stay at least 1.5m away from others at all times
- in open water, be aware of your surroundings and, where possible, maintain physical distancing - keeping contact with participants, staff, water safety and members of the public to a minimum
- comply with the policies and protocols in place at your designated pool
- respect the NSW SLS and swim facility policies of turn up, participate, leave – this means participants should avoid arriving early and are encouraged to leave immediately after the conclusion of training. Participants are welcome to disperse and utilise local facilities for take-out coffees/food
When you practise good hygiene you:
- cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- put used tissues straight into the bin
- wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- use alcohol-based hand sanitisers*
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- clean and disinfect frequently used objects such as mobile phones, keys, wallets and work passes
*Alcohol-free hand rubs have not been shown to be effective against viruses like COVID-19, and experts recommend against using them.
What to Do if You Have Symptoms
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- sore/scratchy throat and
- shortness of breath.
Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include
- loss of smell
- loss of taste
- runny nose
- muscle pain
- joint pain
- nausea/vomiting and
- loss of appetite
If you have symptoms, please follow NSW Government advice on when and how you should be tested for COVID-19.
If you have even the mildest symptoms, stay at home - do not attend training - and immediately notify your Team Captain and Coach of the situation. Please also notify the Vladswim office on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 and/or test positive for the virus within 14 days of attending a Vladswim training session, please immediately notify your Coach and Team Captain. Please also notify the Vladswim office on email@example.com
If you have been a close or casual contact with a person confirmed to be infected with COVID-19, follow Government and State regulations regarding testing and isolation where required. Do not come to training during any period where you are required to isolate. Please immediately notify your Team Captain and Coach of the situation. Please also notify the Vladswim office of the situation on firstname.lastname@example.org along with the dates(s) and location(s) of any training sessions attended in the 14 days prior to notification.
If you have travelled overseas, to a designated hotspot or been to a venue or location of concern in circumstances where you are required to isolate, do not attend training during the period of isolation, notify your Team Captain and Coach of the situation and follow NSW Government advice.
Additional Steps You Can Take to Protect Yourself and Others
Vladswim recommends that participants follow the latest Government advice on vaccination for COVID-19.
More information from NSW Government on how to keep safe: