How much will my program cost?
The cost of your program will vary dependent on the length of the preparation and what you need from the Vlad-coach. There are three preparation packages.
1. Personal Channel preparation program with support coaching pieces of advice and personal call or Zoom meeting with the coach. Price from $1000.
2. Personal Channel program and personal swim sessions every week. Coach support and calls, emails and meeting are $200 per month
3. For Sydney base swimmers. Swim program. The coach's advice, meetings, calls.
from $1000 for the program plus weekly Vladswim membership to attend squad sessions.
What can I expect from the program?
- A monthly squad and open water swim plan
- Experienced head coach and open water coach support
- Regular meetings throughout the period
- Opportunity to complete an official qualifying swim for the English Channel
- Nutrition, recovery, stretching and swim technique advice
What will my swimming week look like?
Our English Channel program includes four to five pool sessions of 1.5-2 hours long, averaging a distance of 5-8km per session. There is also one longer-distance open water swim on Saturdays.
The average weekly swim distance is 25-60 km depending on the week of the program
Anything in addition to swimming?
Dryland session: a 30 -60 minute workout conducted by the individual swimmer is recommended. This can have a positive impact on swimmers’ muscles and could improve speed and endurance. Simple sessions with a stretch cord, body weight or a gym workout once or twice a week would be beneficial.
Recovery: stretching, yoga, pilates and massage will help muscle endurance and recovery.
Logbook: recording the details of each of your sessions during the preparation period keeps swimmers on track and helps them monitor progress.
Nutrition: the Vladswim English Channel program will suggests you highly experience Nutritionist for marathon swimmers.